BAND CAMP AUGUST 1-5 and 8-12
"Band Camp" is the start of the Fall season! Because the Band performs at football games the first week of school, we start practicing at the same time as Fall sports.
- If you have not filled out the registration form, please click the button below and do it now.
- Remember to bring your completed physical form the first day. Click below to download one if you need it; it can be done at any walk in clinic. Just say you need a sports physical and they will know what to do. We cannot let you march until we see you have been cleared to participate.
- Participation at camp is a mandatory part of being in Band class. We can work around vacation absences, but please get in touch and let me know when you will be here.
- Despite the name, this is not an away camp. We will practice at SMHS each day from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. with a break for lunch. [Bring your own lunch, don't plan on leaving campus during the break. Snacks and water will be provided.]
- Prepare for hot weather - wear light colored, loose fitting clothes including athletic shoes with socks and bring a hat, sunglasses, sun screen, a water bottle. The staff will monitor the weather conditions to make sure you get a safe amount of water and rest breaks, but wearing a black hoodie and tight jeans on the practice field will quickly turn out to be a bad idea, and a flip flop sunburn on the top of your feet is even worse.
- Most of all, bring a good attitude and have fun!
Register for Band!
Click the button to be directed to the online registration form. Your contact information will be added to our distribution list so you will receive information about upcoming band events. Welcome!