BAND CAMP AUGUST 1-4 and 7-11
"Band Camp" is the start of the Fall season! Because the Band performs at football games the first week of school, we start practicing at the same time as Fall sports.
- SPORTS PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT UPDATE: FamilyID is no longer including Band. Bring your completed physical form to the first day of camp and it will be returned to you. Download the form from the Sports Physical tab if you need it; it can be done at any walk in clinic or your pediatrician - just say you need a sports physical and they will know what to do. If you do not have a completed physical you will not be able to participate.
- CAMP ATTENDANCE REQUIRED: Participation at camp is a mandatory part of being in Band class. We can work around vacation absences, but please get in touch and let me know when you will be here.
- CAMP IS AT SCHOOL: Despite the name, this is not an away camp. We will practice at SMHS each day from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. with a break for lunch. [Bring your own lunch, don't plan on leaving campus during the break. Snacks and water will be provided.]
- PREPARE FOR THE WEATHER: Wear light colored, loose fitting clothes including athletic shoes with socks and bring a hat, sunglasses, sun screen, and a water bottle. The staff will monitor the weather conditions to make sure you get a safe amount of water and rest breaks, but wearing a black hoodie and tight jeans on the practice field will quickly turn out to be a bad idea, and a flip flop sunburn on the top of your feet is even worse.
- AIR QUALITY CONCERNS: We will also monitor air quality and move rehearsal inside if necessary.
- SCHOOL OWNED INSTRUMENTS: If you are new to SMHS and need to use a school owned instrument, please email to set up an appointment.
- Most of all, bring a good attitude and have fun!